Saturday, December 24, 2011

This isn't Goodbye, John Romano...

Some compliments and criticism of Stu Sternberg's 2011 in this morning's Times from columnist John Romano:
Typically, team owners allow MLB officials to be the bad guys in (a stadium) squabble. Sternberg, who should be celebrated for his incredible work with this franchise, instead set himself up as a villain regardless of whether you believe his message.
Romano may be preparing to move from the Sports section to the lead spot on the Metro page, but I assume he'll continue to write about Sternberg and the Rays' Stadium Saga, perhaps even more.

In the meantime, I wish John luck and take a look back at all of his columns I've critiqued over the years:

10/6/11 - Rays' model not sustainable (I disagreed)
7/20/11 -
Stadium Saga all comes back to money (I agreed)
2/24/11 -
Contraction talk gaining credibility (I disagreed)
9/22/10 -
Stu Sternberg shows some humility (I agreed)
8/25/10 -
Rays owners not getting very rich very fast (I agreed)
8/6/10 -
Joe Maddon "off" on timing of catwalk criticism (I agreed)

No comments:

Post a Comment