It's been another consequential year...unless it hasn't. We're still pretty much at eight years without real developments in the Rays' Stadium Saga...but boy has it been fun chronicling it!
As always, I remind you that the blog's goal is to provide some big-picture perspective on where, when, how, and if a new Rays stadium should be built in Tampa Bay (along with other local sports business news).
Just in recent months alone, this blog has consolidated countless articles about possible Montreal relocation, debunked a ridiculous economic impact claim from the Yankees, and documented Ken Hagan's double-talk on taxes. But we shall not forget the following stories, among the blog's most-read through 1,300+ posts since May 8, 2009:
- Bold predictions: How the Rays Stadium Saga will go down (7/3/09)
- Sternberg gives Tampa Bay stadium ultimatum (6/21/10)
- Gammons: MLB needs ability to blackmail cities (8/31/10) and Update (1/6/15)
- Stadium Saga isn't Tampa Bay's problem; it's MLB's Problem (8/2/11)
- Times hates corporate welfare; except for maybe pro sports teams (3/12/13)
- Crazy simplistic thoughts on the Stadium Saga (8/30/13)
- Florida's "new" stadium process is same as old process with more tax dollars (1/26/15)
- Rays deal for could mirror Braves' secret, not-so-great, potentially-illegal deal (7/5/15) and Update (3/24/16)
- DONE DEAL: St. Pete approves deal to alter Rays contract (1/14/16)
FOLLOW: Shadow of the Stadium on Twitter
FOLLOW: Shadow of the Stadium on Facebook