Now, 500 posts later, it's developed into an important watchdog for the Tampa Bay region as the Rays' campaign for a new stadium drags on into another season. The purpose of this blog was never to advocate for - or against - a stadium; merely provide important perspective, as journalists and columnists routinely do for businesses seeking community support.
Post No. 501 promises to be a doozy, but until then, here are some of the top highlights from Shadow of the Stadium's first 500 posts:
- Bold predictions: How the Rays Stadium Saga will go down (7/3/09)
- Mission (Un)Accomplished: "Baseball in Orlando!" (2/2/10; site's all-time most-read post)
- Sternberg gives Tampa Bay stadium ultimatum (6/21/10)
- Gammons: MLB needs ability to blackmail cities (8/31/10)
- Land isn't Problem in Stadium Saga; Funding is (11/19/10)