Monday, February 4, 2013

Vinik Addresses Question on Rays

My colleague at WTSP, Ginger Gadsden recently sat down with Lightning owner Jeffrey Vinik to discuss a bevy of topics.  Of course, she asked him about rumors of his interest in the Tampa Bay Rays and a possible Tampa baseball stadium.

Vinik's response:
“It’s not something I think about for even a second. We have a lot on our plate here with the Tampa Bay Lightning and building it into a world class organization.  I have the utmost respect for Stu (Sternberg) and Matt (Silverman) over there and I think they do a great job but it’s far more important for me…I  have too much respect for them to really get involved in their business.”
Read and watch more on Vinik's vision for Tampa Bay.

1 comment:

  1. "It’s not something I think about for even a second."; He doesn't have to "think" about it, it's happening the way they understand it. He knows, Stu knows, some Hills. co. insiders know, the media doesn't, yet...

    ReplyDelete