So far, the gamesmanship is following the modern public relations playbook, according to the handful of professionals who agreed to be interviewed, on or off the record.The article was talking about the push for resort casinos in Florida - not stadiums - but the theme should sound very familiar to those that follow:
Expect an all-out, multi-layered campaign — using polls, ads and grassroots advocacy — that relies more on what one’s neighbors think than what politicians say.
- the Rays' stadium campaign in Tampa Bay;
- the Dolphins' renovation campaign in Miami;
- the Jaguars' renovation campaign in Jacksonville;
- the speedway renovation campaign in Daytona;
- the Magic and MLS stadium campaigns in Orlando;
- the Red Sox' and Orioles' spring training stadium campaigns in SW Fla...