Would you have stayed if the Rays had solved the stadium issue and had better resources?A look back at Maddon's love/hate relationship with Tropicana Field:
"That's always been a big problem there, and I'm hoping they do rectify it and get it moving forward. You saw the group we've had over the past several years and a lot of guys had to peel off at different moments before it was their time to peel off. We just couldn't sustain it. I think the most pressing issue there would be to get a new ballpark. And once they do that, because they're so good at player development and scouting and things like that. and once you get the guys in the system that are very good at bringing out the best in the player, a lot of it is based on information that they generate from upstairs.
"Truly, a new ballpark in a more accessible area could really benefit with that group. They're great guys. You're never hear me say anything bad about that group. They were great to me and my family. I'm going to miss them. But it was time to move on."
- Oct. 2014: "The new ballpark is a situation that we would like to get done here."
- Sept. 2014: "To not have a legitimate (MLB) ballpark (is) only minus within...organization."
- Aug. 2014: "Until we build a new ballpark, (losing stars will) happen."
- July 2011 - "This ballpark is improper for Major League Baseball."
- Sept. 2010 - "I've made amends with the building. I promised to not whine again."
- Aug 2010 - "It just needs to be a real baseball field."